We need your help by Wednesday March 17. The State Board of Education had two years to build an inclusive, constructive Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum (ESMC) and they have failed. The 4th draft being voted on this Thursday 3/18 is still based on a Critical Race Theory (CRT) framework. Please do two things:
- Email the State Board of Education (email@example.com) with your opposition (sample short email below)
- Call the Governor’s office during business hours at (916) 445-2841 and leave a message
Subject: VOTE NO on March 18 AGENDA ITEM: Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum: Adoption of the Model Curriculum
Dear SBE Board Members:
I strongly oppose the current draft of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum. This curriculum claims to “challenge racist, bigoted, discriminatory, imperialist/colonial beliefs” but is based on a framework that is anti-American, anti-Judeo/Christian, racist and divisive.
Vote No. We The People do not want this to be taught to our children in our schools.
Your name & city
parents, voters, community volunteers
- If you have time, read in-depth reports on CA’s mandatory racial-injustice experiment, the school pep rally against whiteness, and the Aztec deity chant in CA’s Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum.
- Even NYT Opinion is critical of CA’s ethnic studies model.
- If you wish to join the non-partisan ACES who has specific change recommendations for ESMC, you can also use their form to submit input to the SBE.